Hair transplantation is a surgical procedure that moves hair follicles from back of the scalp called donor site to a balding part of the scalp known as recipient site.
Hair transplantation is a restoration procedure performed on men or women who have significant hair loss, thinning hair, or bald spots where hair no longer grows. In men, hair loss is most commonly due to genetic factors and hormone DHT. In Male pattern baldness hairline gradually recedes and scalp visibility increases exposing bald areas. Men may also experience a gradual thinning of hair at the top of the skull. For women, hair loss is commonly due to hormonal changes and is likely to be a thinning of hair from the entire head. Transplants can also be done if hair is lost due to burns, injury, or diseases of the scalp.
• It is one of the hair restoration procedure that involves transplantation of hair taken out from back of the scalp. It grows naturally. The color of the hair is same as original hair. Hair growth normally starts after 3 to 4 months. It completes its recovery within 7 to 9 months.
• Hair transplant technique has advanced significantly. There are different techniques for performing transplant. One method is follicular unit transplant, in which strip of skin is taken out from back of the scalp, then the unit is divided and replantation is done in designated area. Linear scar is seen on back of the scalp.
• Other surgical technique is Follicular unit extraction. In this method hair is extracted and replanted in designated area. The results are permanent and excellent. Small tiny dots are seen on back of the scalp instead of linear scar which is seen in FUT.
• Hair transplants are highly safe and natural. No chemicals or medicines are used in this process that might damage your hair. Amongst all the hair growing methods hair transplant is the most natural. The results are so good that majority of the people won’t be able to recognize that you got a hair transplant.
• Another benefit of surgery is that you get hair that is manageable. Transplanted hair works just like natural hair so you don’t need to apply any special shampoos or chemicals.
• If you want a long term fixed solution for your baldness then consider hair transplant surgery.
Biggest benefit of hair transplant is that, the person gets back his confidence
• It’s very important that the candidate who undergoes hair transplant should have good health. If hair loss is genetic and person undergo a hair transplant at an early age then, hair loss still continues after surgery which needs treatment.
• Hair Transplant is performed under local anesthesia. The success of a transplant depends on quality of existing donor area.
• It takes 9 to 10 months for complete recovery so it is time bound.
Looking at the brighter side, transplant helps to cover bald area with hair which does not need any maintenance. It improves self-confidence and looks of the person.