What is a hair loss?
Hair grows everywhere o the human skin except for the palm of your hands and also the soles of your feet. Hair is made up of a protein called keratin that is formed in hair follicles in the outer layer of skin. As the follicles produce new hair cells, the old cells are pushed out over the surface of the skin. In that case, whenever you see a few elements of hair on your comb, do not misunderstand it as an indication of a hair loss. Most people lose hair or experience hair loss due to heredity problems which are known as
androgenetic alopecia. However, there are other reasons as well which are answerable for any kind of hair loss, for e.g. physical stress, emotional stress, chemotherapy, female hormones, PCOS, etc.
There are various types of hair loss, which is also known as alopecia:
1) Involutional alopecia: It is a natural state where you practice the thinning of hair, where your hair follicles go from the growth phase to the resting phase and ultimately to the shredding phase and while some of the hair follicles eventually become shorter in number.
2) Alopecia areata: This is the most common alopecia, which results in 2-3 patches of hair loss on the scalp.
3) Androgenic alopecia: This is a genetic disorder where this can be experienced by both men and women due to heredity harms. In men, this condition is also known as male form baldness, where some men experience it in their early 20s leading to a receding hairline, or hair loss from the crown area or frontal scalp. In women, this female form baldness is experienced when they enter the age of 40 and go through the thinning of hair, mainly from the crown area.
4) Scarring alopecia: This is a condition where one practices permanent hair loss. Inflammatory skin situations (folliculitis, acne), and many other skin conditions often result in scars that destroy the ability of the hair to regenerate.
5) Telogen effluvium: It is a condition associated to the thinning of hair over the scalp which is affected due to sudden changes in the growth phase of the hair cycle.
In conclusion, there are various types of hair loss that one practices in their lives but what one can do to protect themselves from hair loss or lessen it if they are already experiencing it, it is necessary for them to consult a trustable surgeon and get best Hair loss treatment in Calicut.